1. 拍馬屁(者)：動. (to) brownnose; 名. brownnoser; sycophant; 片. butter/kiss sb. up; suck/
play up to sb.
2. 有心機(者)/小人：名. a schemer; 形. (be) despicable/low/devious
〔例句〕Everyone in the office hates him because he’s a typical schemer and brownnoser.
3. 背黑鍋/代罪羔羊(者)：名. scapegoat; 慣. take the rap/blame/heat for sb.; (be) left
holding the bag
〔例句〕We know that David’s taken the rap for his supervisor’s mistake.
4. 放馬後炮(者)：動. (to) second-guess; 慣. Monday morning quarterback
〔例句〕It’s gross to see Stanley comment as a Monday morning quarterback all the time.
5. 愛管閒事者：慣. back-seat driver
〔例句〕You are such a back-seat driver. Leave me alone, please.
6. 龜毛/完美主義/愛挑剔者：名. perfectionist; nitpicker; fusspot; 形. (be) fussy/finicky/picky
/dainty/particular (about); 句. sb. is difficult to please.
〔例句〕 My boss is a fusspot and nitpicker. He’s picky about trivial things.
 形. 瑣碎的
7. 喜怒無常/壞脾氣/神經質的：形. (be) moody/grumpy/bad-tempered/jumpy
〔例句〕Mike file for divorce since he can no longer tolerate his wife’s moody behavior and grumpy temper.
8. 直率爽朗：形. (be) open/outspoken/straightforward/candid/direct/frank/honest
〔例句〕We really like Tracy’s outspoken personality and straightforward attitude.
9. 說話不算話：慣. break/fail to/(be) not true to sb.’s word/promise; go back on st.
〔例句〕I cannot believe you’re convinced of his innocence again. It’s not his first time in breaking his words and cheating on you.
10. 說大話：動. (to) bluff/boast/brag/vaunt; 片. show off; 慣. talk big
〔例句〕Don’t be intimated by your competitors. They might just bluff us.
11. 扯後腿：名. stumbling block/stone; 慣. hold (us) back
〔例句〕This political scandal has made the President the stumbling block while our candidate is running for the next major.
英語課 】一書的P.188例句1》英語課 】一書的P.188例句2》