1. 代表/象徵/意味/反映&暗指：動. (to)
represent/symbolize/signify/mean/mirror/reflect/suggest/imply/intimate/hint; 片. stand for; add up to; allude to; drive at; 慣. that is; i.e. (即)
〔例句1〕This token symbolizes our company founder’s philosophy and devotion in the beauty industry.
〔例句2〕This defendant’s intense reaction reflected (that) he must have known something about this murder despite his denial of the accusation as a murderer .
 名. 哲學
 名. 奉獻; 致力
 名. 被告
 形. 劇烈的
 名. 謀殺 衍. murderer 名. 殺人犯
 介. 儘管; 任憑
 名. 否認
 名. 控訴
2. 假定/認為：動. (to) think/suppose/assume/presume/reckon/deem/regard/consider
〔例句〕The experts reckon (that) the economic slowdown in Europe might last longer and impact more than everyone assumes.
3. 猜想/預估(值)：動. (to) estimate/guess/guesstimate/calculate; 慣. do the math; 俚/口. ballpark figures; off the top of sb.’s head
〔例句〕“Let’s do the math. What’s your guesstimate regarding our profit loss caused by the product recall?” ”I cannot make sure about it at this moment.” ”Just give me the ballpark figures. I must report it to the GM as an emergency. ””OK. $2 billion dollars. That’s the rough number I could think of off the top of my head now. ”
4. 弄清楚/找出&澄清：動. (to) ascertain/locate/spot/clarify; 片. figure/dig/find/make out; clear up; get/have st. straight; get to the bottom/heart/root of
〔例句1〕Where did this rumor come out? Please ascertain its origin ASAP.
〔例句2〕Could we get your order straight? Without clear directions, we don’t know where to start off.
〔例句3〕The scientists are eager to get to the bottom of this mystery.
5. 發現/察覺/注意&辨別：動. (to) see/note/notice/discover/detect/learn/observe/perceive/recognize/identify; 片. pick up on
〔例句〕After receiving this parcel, the police immediately recognized the suspicious handwriting on the envelop.
6. 明白/了解/體會&掌握：動. (to) know/learn/realize/understand/acknowledge/appreciate/comprehend; 片. (be) aware of; get across; on top of
〔例句1〕The Board has been aware of our dilemma.
〔例句2〕If you keep using the old way to pitch new clients, our company’s advantages would never get across and even be appreciated.
7. 確定/定案：動. (to) confirm/ensure/finalize; 形. (be) certain; 片. make sure; firm up
〔例句〕Let’s finalize the contract today, all right? It’s been pending for a while.
8. 強調/重述：動. (to) emphasize/highlight/stress/punctuate/underscore/reiterate
〔例句〕Apple’s CEO not only emphasized but also reiterated that this technology giant won’t tolerate any kind of sweatshop in the supply chain.
9. 區隔/使突出：片. distinguish/differentiate (sb. from Ving/st.); set sb. apart
〔例句〕Eric’s enjoying making friends and never-say-die attitude set him apart among a team of salesmen in this company.
10. 草擬/撰寫：動. (to) draft/outline/sketch; 片. lay/set/sketch out; draw/write up
〔例句〕I like your idea. Why don’t you draw up a marketing proposal in details? I’d like to review it in three days.